Sometimes you just have one of those weeks when you don’t have time to think, let alone cook! So for when that occasion strikes again here are 5 quick, easy, on the go breakfasts plus a shopping list to ensure that you still get a healthy, energy boosting start to the day.
Hard boiled eggs, avocado and flaked salmon
Overnight oats with Lemon and Chia
Chia Pot with Lemon and Raspberry
Purple Power Smoothie
Oats in a Mug with banana and tahini
(you can buy all of these in Tesco or Sainsburys apart from the protein powder and Hions powder which are bought online, but these two can be omitted if you need to)
Copy and paste this list into your online shopping portal
- ½ doz eggs
- 1 avocado
- 1 small packet of flaked salmon
- 1 lemon
- Chia Seeds
- Milk of your choice
- Vanilla extract
- 2 bananas
- Raspberries fresh or frozen
- Unflavoured Protein Powder My Protein
- Frozen black cherries
- Frozen Blueberries
- Root ginger
- Hions Purple Power if using www.hion.com
Hard boil 2 eggs, and once cool and peeled put in a Tupperware container along with half an avo chopped and some flaked salmon. Breakfast 1 is done! Save the half of avocado with the stone in (leaving the stone in stops it from going black) in a Tupperware pot in the fridge ready for your smoothie on Thursday.
Put your all your Purple Power Protein Smoothie ingredients apart from the purple powder and protein powder in a plastic jug, cover with clingfilm and put in the fridge over night. Leave your stick blender, out plugged in and ready to go.
Add protein powder and purple powder if using to your jug and whizz up with your stick blender. Decant into a plastic protein shake bottle and go!
If you are going to eat your mug cakes cold prep and cook this evening (2 min job) 4 x 2 min Oats in a Mug Recipes (can be eaten hot or left to cool and taken with you). Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate over night.
If you are eating your mug cakes hot before you go then prep them this morning (2 min job), if you made them last night take an extra 5 mins in bed!
Salmon, Avo and Egg
- 2 eggs hard-boiled
- ½ Avocado
- Small packet of flaked salmon
- Chop it up, put it in a tub and stick it in the fridge!
Lemon and Chia Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 banana mashed
- Lemon zest from half a lemon
- Mash the banana in your jar, tub or bowl
- Add the oats, chia seeds, vanilla extract, milk and lemon zest
- Stir and seal and place in the fridge until morning
Chia Pot with Lemon and Raspberry
- 1/4 cup (35g) of Chia Seeds
- 170 ml of milk of your choice – I use unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 oz of raspberries fresh or frozen
- Mix all the ingredients into a jar, bowl or tub
- Stir well
- Seal and refrigerate overnight
Purple Power Smoothie (serves 1)
- 50g frozen black cherries
- 50g frozen blueberries
- As much ginger as you can handle! (I use about half an inch)
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1 scoop of protein powder of your choice
- 1tsp purple powder
- 250ml milk of your choice – I use unsweetened almond milk
- 1tsp pure vanilla extract
- Put it all in a jug (peel the ginger first)
- Stick blend and serve! I like to use the fruit from frozen so that it is really cold and slushy.
Oats in a Mug with Banana and Tahini
- 50 g oats
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 banana mashed
- 1tsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a mug and microwave for 2 minutes
- The Mug Cake will easily tip out onto a plate
Congratulations that’s 5 days of clean eating breakfasts and healthy starts to the day!!
Get my forthcoming posts: 5 quick easy clean eating portable lunches and 5 quick easy clean eating 10 minute dinners delivered straight to your inbox by clicking follow.
You can also follow me on social media by clicking on the follow me on social media buttons on this blog or:
- Twitter and Pinterest @cleanleanbeanie
- Facebook and Instagram cleanleanbeanblog