Its Kale Week on cleanleanbean! There will be lots of tasty ideas of how to use up that massive bag of Kale before it walks out of the fridge itself, health reasons for eating Kale and a recipe round up at the end of the week.
I used to hate Kale! I could not participate in the soggy green mess that was presented to me as a child. Then I grew up and discovered many things to do with Kale other than boiling the living crap out of it!
We are continueing this week with a Kale and Chorizo Breakfast Stir Fry. Reasons to like this dish:
- Kale is one of the most nutrient dense vegetables you can eat
- It comes ready chopped
- It takes about 5-10 minutes to make
- The Kale is crisp and flavoursome – no sogginess on this plate
- Chorizo makes everything taste nice
- It contains poached eggs!
I think that really says it all! To find out the health benefits of one of the most nutrient dense vegetables you can eat read my post from Sunday 10th July.
This recipe is
Use bacon instead of Kale
Stir in some cooked sweet potato, tinned new potatoes or cooked brown rice
Use toasted pinenuts or tofu instead of chorizo and add smoked paprika to give it a choriz taste
This recipe is so quick and easy it is very difficult to life hack!
Kale recipes will be appearing all week but for now see Eat Clean, High Protein Breakfast Hash. Chorizo recipes will also be appearing soon
Kale and Chorizo Breakfast Stir Fry with Poached Eggs (serves 1)
- 2 large handfuls of Kale
- 50 g chorizo diced
- Cooking fat of your choice – I use olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok
- Heat some water in a poaching pan
- Add the chorizo to the oil and stir fry until golden
- Add the kale
- Add your eggs to the poaching pan
- Stir fry the Kale for 4-5 minutes whilst your eggs are poaching. Season with salt and pepper
- Tip the Kale mix onto a plate and top with your poached eggs
If you like this recipe please like, share and comment below. I would love to hear from you.
For more Kale Recipes please sign up for email alerts either on the left hand side or at the bottom of this post