Protein! Bacon! Ideal for eating on the run! Need I say more? Who doesn’t like egg and bacon in the mornings? And with the addition of raw spinach you get a nutrient hit and a dose of green stuff first thing in the morning!
You can make the wraps the day before and you can also make enough to use as your pack lunch (ideas for fillings coming soon).
For the recipe for the wraps and why we should be eating quinoa click here
Spinach is a superfood packed with protein, vitamins, iron and nutrients. Think Popeye!
The reported health benefits are:
- Regulating blood sugar levels
- Blocking the carcinogenic (cancer-causing) effects of grilling foods at high temperatures
- Lowering blood pressure
- Bone health
- Digestive health
- Healthy skin and hair
This recipe is:
Omit the bacon and replace with fried halloumi
Use wheat or gluten-free wraps or add sautéed sweet potato
Use ordinary wheat wraps
Make the wraps the day before. Make extra and use the wraps for packed lunches or freeze half of the uncooked batter for a speedier breakfast next time.
Preserve the life of your spinach by covering the top of the spinach in the packet with a layer of kitchen roll and sealing.
Freeze the rest of the bacon by rolling each rasher individually and putting back in the packet side by side so that you only have to defrost as much as you need.
Spinach can be used instead of lettuce in salads and sandwiches. It can also be used in Spicy Chicken Wraps with a Cooling Avocado Cream, or my Fatoush Salad – recipe coming soon.
Grain Free Egg and Bacon Breakfast Wrap (serves 1)
- 1 wrap of your choice. Try my Grain Free Tortilla Protein Wraps
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2-4 rashers of bacon
- A handful of spinach
- Put the bacon under the grill turning when ready
- Meanwhile heat a non stick pan and add the eggs, stirring continuously until scrambled
- Fill the wrap with the egg, bacon and spinach
- Fold in the two sides as much as you can (about 1-2 cm) and then roll from the bottom upwards. Slice in half and serve.
Make my day and give this recipe a like!